Voice recognition on Windows Phone 10 Preview is terrible. To demonstrate, I’ve attempted to write the next sentence of this blog using it. Here’s every attempt:
- It off and start
- it’s nothing stops halfway through a sentence.
- It off and stop
- Often stops halfway through president
- It often star
- It often starts at waitara send an
- It often starts at waitrose in
- It after
- Aften stop sao
- It often stops halfway through the
- It often
- It often stop sasha
- It often stops halfway through a sentence?
Thirteen attempts just to get one sentence. This is bad. This is comically bad. Voice recognition on Windows 8.1 was near perfect. Although it was only available for text messages, it worked almost flawlessly. WP10 seems to have done an about turn, because now it can’t figure out what I’m saying no matter what way I force myself to speak.
What happened Microsoft?